Swedish, Washington Global Health Alliance and the Seattle Center’s Next Fifty (celebration of the 50th Anniversary of the Seattle World’s Fair) are part of the solution in combating global health issues globally and locally with the Global Health Nexus - Global Health Month. Global Health Month will feature our region’s strengths in combating malaria, diabetes and cancer, and in improving mother and child health and access to safe water.
Here are some events where you can participate in Global Health Month:
- The Global Health Experience Exhibit, July 3 - August 19, Seattle Center, Next Fifty Plaza
- "Groundswell: A night for global health" a public event featuring Melinda Gates, Saturday, July 14 at McCaw Hall, Seattle Center
- AGENCY (formally Party with a Purpose), Saturday July 14th at McCaw Hall, Seattle Center
- "Be the Change Student Competition" winners honored, Saturday, July 14th at McCaw Hall, Seattle Center
- "Perspectives: How faith-based and secular health organizations partner for better global health", Sunday July 15th at McCaw Hall, Seattle Center
Be part of the global health solution. Many of the exhibits and events have a call to action where you can take action in a variety of innovative ways. If you'd like to learn more about how Swedish is applying global solutions to local healthcare challenges in underserved populations, click here.