In the second of his three-part Seattle Times guest column series, Swedish Cancer Institute Medical Director for Naturopathic Services Dan Labriola, N. D., guides readers through their options when selecting a cancer treatment approach. In the column, Dr. Labriola examines how patients can weigh the benefits and risks of multiple treatment options, approved therapies vs. clinical trials, how to seek a second opinion and what to do if it is different from your initial evaluation. In his final installment set for next Sunday, Dr. Labriola will discuss survivorship, including complementary and alternative medicine strategies.
This post was published in
Recent posts from this blog:
- Becker’s Hospital Review Names Swedish Medical Group a 2015 Great Place to Work in Healthcare
- Swedish Cancer Institute Recognized by the Commission on Cancer for Outstanding Achievement in 2014
- Swedish Names Margo Bykonen, RN, as Chief Nurse Officer
- Virus Tumor Link Prompts Promising Brain Cancer Trial
- Swedish Health Services Partners with Kindred Healthcare to Deliver New TeleICU Program