In the second of his three-part Seattle Times guest column series, Swedish Cancer Institute Medical Director for Naturopathic Services Dan Labriola, N. D., guides readers through their options when selecting a cancer treatment approach. In the column, Dr. Labriola examines how patients can weigh the benefits and risks of multiple treatment options, approved therapies vs. clinical trials, how to seek a second opinion and what to do if it is different from your initial evaluation. In his final installment set for next Sunday, Dr. Labriola will discuss survivorship, including complementary and alternative medicine strategies.
This post was published in
Recent posts from this blog:
- Swedish Cherry Hill and Swedish Edmonds Recognized with the 2015 Get with the Guidelines-Stroke Quality Achievement Award
- Brian Livingston, M.D., Named Chief Executive and Vice President of Medical Affairs for Swedish Ballard
- New Release of Glioblastoma Atlas Sheds Light on Deadly Disease
- Swedish’s Gossman Center Earns Society for Simulation in Healthcare Accreditation
- Jennifer Graves Named Chief Executive for Swedish Edmonds