We’re just a few months away from opening stage one of the new Swedish Medical Center. We hope you save the date Saturday, July 9 for our grand opening community event that will include tours, activities, giveaways and fun for the whole family. And, hopefully a lot of sunshine and NO rain! We’re combining our event with Highlands Days, so it is sure to be a day full of celebration. In the meantime, here’s a summary of what will take place on the Issaquah site in April:
Hospital East/Center/West Wings:
- Level 1, East Wing – Final paint, wall covering, and finish floor activities will be done by mid-April.
- Level 2, East Wing – Finish floor activities continue through April, with dropping ceiling tiles into the grid starting end of the month.
- Level 3, East Wing – Plumbing and electrical install in casework continues through the month, with plumbing fixtures in bathrooms starting mid-April.
- Level 4, East Wing – Install ceiling grid will start mid-April, with light fixture, fire alarm device, diffuser and fire sprinkler head install in the finished ceilings starting end of the month.
- West wing activities above are similar to East wing.
Medical Office Building:
- Throughout levels 1-5, interior finishes with mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems (MEP) trim on wall and ceiling devices continue.
- Kitchen equipment in the Café will begin installation mid-April, followed by MEP tie-in.
- The scaffolding system providing access to the atrium finishes will be removed incrementally starting from the top, working down as finishes are complete starting first week of April. Atrium scaffolding is estimated to be gone by the end of April.
Majority of all sitework that includes irrigation, asphalt paving, striping, and landscaping will be done by end of April.
Swedish Issaquah on March 17, 2011
Stay tuned for more updates as we get closer!