What to Expect
Expert pediatric physicians and staff
- Fellowship-trained, board-certified pediatric medical and surgical specialists including anesthesiology, orthopedics, endocrinology, urology, surgery and critical care
- Dedicated, board-certified pediatricians and/or pediatric emergency physicians available 5 p.m. to midnight, Monday-Friday; and noon to midnight on weekends
- Board-certified emergency physicians available 24/7
- Dedicated pediatric nurses and child-life specialists
- 24/7 inpatient pediatric physician care if your child is admitted
- Referral to one of our experienced pediatric specialists, if needed
- “Ouchless medicine” techniques to help calm your child
- Spacious, family-friendly waiting area, separate from adult ER
- Flat-screen TVs in every treatment room
- Bedside registration for quicker treatment
- X-ray and CT available in the ER
- For teenagers, a seamless transition between pediatric and adult emergency care
- Pediatric pharmacy
About Our Program
Prompt follow-up care
If your child’s physician refers you to the Swedish Pediatric ER, he or she can call ahead to give us your child’s complete medical information. And, to ensure continuity of care and give you peace of mind, we follow up with your child’s primary care physician by phone or fax the very next day.
Care for all
As a nonprofit organization, Swedish Medical Center continues its long-standing dedication to treating all patients who come for care, regardless of their ability to pay.
Pediatric Emergency Room700 Minor Avenue
First Hill Campus
Seattle, WA 98104
CONNECT WITH US
What's New on YouTube?
- Influenza Season is here
- Whooping Cough update
- RSV infection
Swedish's Kid's Symptom Checker, including a free iPhone and Android app, helps you understand your child's symptoms.
Subscribe to our free email newsletter for expecting or new parents.
BABY NEEDS A DOCTOR? Click here for information on choosing a physician for your child.