Millions of Americans suffer from neurological disorders characterized by involuntary movement, such as trembling and uncontrollable muscle contractions. For these people, even simple activities like dressing, dining or writing can be challenging. Our Movement Disorders program offers a comprehensive range of services, from diagnostic testing and innovative treatments to rehabilitation and follow-up support. One of these treatments is deep brain stimulation (DBS) surgery, an advanced and highly effective option for some people suffering from these disabling conditions.
We understand that movement disorders can significantly impact quality of life, so everyone from our expert physicians to our nurses and nurse practitioners are also trained in compassion. In addition, we offer coordinated care management, from diagnosis to surgery, all in the same building.
In the video below, Dr. Peter Nora discusses deep brain stimulation surgery as a treatment for movement disorders.
- Consultation, treatment and second opinions for adults and children with any type of movement disorder
- Neuropsychological testing to assess cognitive disorders
- Assessment of tremor and other involuntary movements
- Observation to assess Parkinson’s patients and provide treatment strategies
- Gait and balance assessment and training
- Speech and swallowing evaluations and voice therapy
- Compensation techniques for dexterity and tremor problems
- Spasticity management, including intrathecal baclofen therapy
- Dietary consultations
- Home-health services
Appointments & Referrals
Toll Free: 800-331-7533
Movement Disorders550 17th Avenue
Seattle, WA 98122
Map & Directions
Need a second opinion?
Call 206-320-3551 to make an appointment now.
For Patients and Families
Ongoing classes and programs for patients with movement disorders, their caregivers or family members.
What to expect during your hospital stay
Take a personalized interactive tour, click here.