Medical Imaging First Hill
Medical Imaging is an important part of health care offered on this campus, providing services to the emergency department, operating suites, organ transplant and our inpatient population 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Our facility is accredited by ACR and AIUM and staffed by board certified radiologists, technologists and sonographers.
Many of our services have weekend appointments available.
Services at Swedish/First Hill Medical Imaging
- Computed tomography (CT & CTA) uses X-ray technology to take multiple views of the inside of the body. Compared to regular X-rays, a CT scan can take clearer images of organs, bone, soft tissue, blood vessels and other parts of the body. Our CT scanners have been evaluated and accredited by the American College of Radiology
- Digital diagnostic radiology (X-ray) including an all new low dose fluoroscopy unit with slot beam technology for scoliosis, for example, and tomosynthesis
- Interventional Radiology (abbreviated IR or VIR for Vascular and Interventional Radiology, also referred to as Surgical Radiology) is a medical sub-specialty of radiology which utilizes minimally-invasive image-guided procedures to diagnose and treat diseases in the human body. By using X-rays, CT, ultrasound, MRI, and other imaging modalities and the least invasive techniques currently available we are able to minimize risk to the patient and improve health outcomes.
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) uses radio frequency waves and a strong magnetic field rather than X-rays to provide remarkably clear and detailed pictures of internal organs and tissues. Our MR scanner has been evaluated and accredited by the American College of Radiology.
- Ultrasound provides adult and pediatric patients diagnostic imaging services and interventional procedures of the abdomen, pelvis, thyroid, small parts and pregnancy. Our ultrasound has been accredited by the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine.
- Nuclear Medicine specialists use safe, painless, and cost-effective techniques to image the body and treat disease. Nuclear medicine imaging is unique, because it provides doctors with information about both structure and function. Our NM scanners have been evaluated and accredited by the American College of Radiology
Hours for Outpatient Services:
- CT: Monday-Friday 5:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.; (206) 386-3990 option #3
- Diagnostic (X-ray): Monday-Friday 7 a.m. - 8 p.m., Saturday-Sunday 7 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.; (206) 386-3990 option #3
- Fluoroscopy: Monday-Friday 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.; (206) 386-3990 option #3
- Interventional Radiology: Monday-Friday 7 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.; (206) 386-2201
- MRI: Monday-Saturday 7:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.; (206) 386-3990 option #3
- Nuclear Medicine: Monday-Friday 7:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.; (206) 386-3990 option #2
- Ultrasound: Monday-Friday 7 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.; (206) 386-3990 option #3
Several other facilities provide medical imaging services on First Hill:
Medical Imaging - First Hill747 Broadway
4th Floor East
Seattle, WA 98122-4307
Map & Directions