The Lytle Center for Pregnancy and Newborns
Guidance for life’s greatest journey
No matter how many times you’ve been through it, expecting, having, and raising a baby are truly some of life’s biggest challenges.
Making that adventure a little less stressful is what The Lytle Center for Pregnancy and Newborns at Swedish/First Hill will be all about when it arrives in summer 2013.
It will be the “go-to” place for moms and dads (and brothers and sisters and grandmas and grandpas) expecting a new baby. Here, in a warm, welcoming space, new families will take classes, gather support from each other, get help with lactation, and take advantage of a new mom and well-baby exam a few days after birth to make sure everything’s going just right.
It’s going to be a wonderful place. And it will definitely add to the reasons to have a baby at Swedish.
Here are just a few of the services that will take place at The Lytle Center for those who are expecting:
- Clinic for new mom and well-baby checkups a few days after baby’s birth
- Certified lactation-nurse consultant providing breastfeeding support
- Breast pump rentals and other lactation supplies
- Retail necessities for pregnancy, childbirth, parenting, breastfeeding, newborn and wellness
- Classroom space for childbirth, parenting and family education classes
- Exercise space with fitness classes for pregnant and postpartum moms
- Meeting area for expectant parent, sibling and grandparent support groups
- Meeting space for social workers and support groups, including those focusing on postpartum mood disorders
- Baby changing and weighing station
- Gathering point for Happy Birth Day get-acquainted tours and pre-birth tours at Swedish/First Hill
If you’d like to have your baby at Swedish, call 206-386-BABY and we’ll help you find a doctor that fits your needs.