New Patient Information
Here you’ll find information that we hope can ease your mind before your heart surgery, including:
- your first appointment with a heart surgeon
- forms to complete and return
- how to prepare for your surgery
- what to expect during your hospital stay
- accommodations for your family.
Your first appointment
At your first appointment, you’ll meet with a heart surgeon who will review your health history, recent test and imaging results and ask you questions about your heart condition. When we first meet with you, we may ask you questions you’ve heard before from another heart specialist; please know that this is necessary for us to learn all we can about your condition and make the best possible decisions for your care.
CT screening for minimally invasive surgery
At Swedish, all heart surgery patients get screened for minimally invasive surgery (versus traditional open heart). Patients may need to have a CT scan for further evaluation. We do our best to schedule the CT scan on the same day as your first appointment with us. Results from the CT scan will help your cardiac surgeon determine the type of surgery that will be best for you.
What to bring to your first visit
Please bring the following items when you come for your first visit with us:
- Picture ID
- Insurance card
- Referral from your primary care physician (if required by your insurance plan)
- Co-payment (if required by your insurance plan)
- Money for parking
- List of Medication and Dosages
- Completed forms including:
Location and Phone
Swedish Cardiac Surgery is located on the Cherry Hill Campus at:
1600 E Jefferson St., Suite 110
Seattle, WA 98122
For more information about your first appointment, call 206-320-7300.
Preparing for heart surgery, what to expect
Find out how to prepare for your heart surgery, what to expect during your stay and more in the Swedish Cardiac Surgery Navigation Guide.
Heart surgery is performed at the Swedish Heart and Vascular Institute on the Cherry Hill Campus. Get driving directions.
Accommodations at The Inn at Cherry Hill
Your family may want to stay nearby when you have your heart surgery. The Inn at Cherry Hill is an affordable option located on the 5th floor (non-medical) in the West Tower of the Cherry Hill Campus.
The Inn at Cherry Hill features:
- comfortable rooms, each with a private bathroom, TV and phone
- shared common kitchen area and dining room
- laundry room complete with detergent at no extra charge
- coffee available throughout the day
- fax machine use for a nominal fee.
- Room rates:
- $65/night, two single beds (22 available rooms)
- $70/night, three single beds for larger families (7 available rooms)
To reserve a room, call 206-320-2164. If you need financial assistance for your stay, call 206-386-3609.
View more nearby options that offer apartment-like accommodations.
Cardiac Surgery1600 E. Jefferson Street
Seattle, WA 98122
Map & Directions
Find a Cardiac SurgeonFind a Physician
Network of locations
What to expect during your hospital stay
Watch and learn
Educational videos on our innovative cardiovascular conditions and treatment options.