The newest addition to SCI’s comprehensive menu of radiation therapies
The Swedish Cancer Institute (SCI) designed a new community-based radiation treatment center on the Swedish/Ballard campus. The centerpiece is the first TomoTherapy® Hi-Art® system in the Seattle metropolitan area.
TomoTherapy combines 3D-imaging technology with rotational delivery of intensity-modulated radiation. The result is highly focused radiation therapy with unprecedented accuracy. Because TomoTherapy allows for image-driven refinement and precise tailoring, this system provides an individualized and comprehensive treatment solution for a variety of cancers, including complex tumors and tumors that are close to critical organs.
TomoTherapy at a Glance
- A highly sophisticated, all-in-one device that combines CT imaging with a rotational delivery of intensity-modulated radiation therapy.
- A painless experience that is similar to having a CT scan.
- Imaging: 3D CT imaging that is performed before each treatment allows for precise patient positioning and dose adjustments.
- Radiation delivery: TomoTherapy delivers tens of thousands of individually programmed, narrow “beamlets” of radiation as it rotates around the patient, which provides extremely focused dose distribution.
- Stereotactic delivery: TomoTherapy can be used to deliver a short, intense course of treatment.
Appointments & Referrals
Ballard - Radiation Treatment Center
5225 Tallman Ave. N.W.
Seattle, WA 98107
Map & Directions
Radiation oncologists specialize in using radiation therapyFind a Physician
Call 1-855-XCANCER to Talk to Someone or Make an Appointment
The newest addition to the Swedish/Ballard campus is the Swedish Cancer Institute’s Radiation Treatment Center. The center is home to the first TomoTherapy® Hi-Art® radiation treatment system in the Seattle metropolitan area ... Download brochure
Listen to Swedish Cancer specialists talk about many different cancers, treatment options and services.