What do you do with all those cucumbers in your garden? Here’s a refreshing salad that goes well with cold and hot dishes alike. One 8-inch cucumber has 12% of the daily minimum recommended amount of fiber. Serves 4.
- 2 cucumbers, unpeeled, sliced thin
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 4 green onions, light green parts only, finely chopped
- Place cucumber slices in a bowl and add pepper, vinegar, and sugar. Gently stir to coat cucumbers and marinate for 15 minutes while you prepare the dressing.
- For dressing, stir together the yogurt, dill, and green onions.
- Drain cucumbers, then add to dressing and stir to blend. Garnish with dill.
Per serving: 86 calories, 5 gm protein, 15 gm carbohydrate, 0 gm fat, 4 gm cholesterol, 1 gm fiber, 340 mg sodium (50 mg sodium without salt)
Click here to see more recipes from this collection, or on the 'recipes' tag below.