There is something ridiculous about how simple this salad is to put together and how much everyone likes it. These are staples for most kitchen pantries. Pair it with Greek Yogurt Chicken and not only is it pretty to eat but absolutely delicious as well. Serves 8.
Try this with: Greek Chicken with Herbed Yogurt Sauce
- 2 large sweet red peppers, sliced thinly
- 10 ounces frozen corn, thawed
- 10 ounces frozen peas, thawed
- 1 14-ounce can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- ½ cup carrots, chopped
- 4 green onions chopped (include green stems for color)
Balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- 1½ tablespoons each olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon each oregano, basil
- ¼ teaspoon each thyme, black pepper
- Combine ingredients and pour dressing over salad and mix.
- Chill for one hour and serve.
Per serving with dressing: 200 calories, 9 gm protein, 34 gm carbohydrate, 5 gm fat, 1 gm sat fat, 2 gm mono fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 8 gm fiber, 64 mg sodium
THE SEASONED COOK If you'd like, substitute roasted red peppers to add a smoky flavor.
Click here to see more recipes from this collection, or on the 'recipes' tag below.